At last, our love has come along...

On April 21, 2018 at 3:46pm, our beautiful baby boy, Oliver John, entered the world.  After a wild 29 hr labor, we finally welcomed him via c-section as he would not engage with my pelvis.  When he was lifted up out of me after only 20 minutes of being in the operating room, we soon realized why; he weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs and 6 oz and measured 21 1/4 inches long!  All these years of thinking that I had "birthing hips" went right out the door after hr 14 of natural labor.  No matter what method Jacob and I tried, he simply wouldn't engage!  Little did we know that we were about to birth a lil Micheal Jordan!  Jacob was truly a trooper and although I have never felt as much pain as I did during the natural part of my labor, it all went away as soon as I laid my eyes on our babe.  Seeing Jacob with our son simply melts my heart into a million microscopic pieces and it still hasn't gotten old, nor do I believe it ever will.  I am sorry that I am so incredibly late on writing this update but that is simply because I took a big hiatus from the internet world once Oliver was born and I have been happily immersed in all things relating to the first 4 months of his life.  We have been working on fine and gross motor skills daily, building relationships with others, going on long family walks, adventuring to places like the zoo, aquarium, bowling, and arcades!  Oliver currently loves music, books, jumping, cooing and breastmilk most of all.  We feel so incredibly blessed to have him here with us and I wanted to share some photographs of our little guy, from birth up until now with all of you.  He will be 5 months this Friday, which is also me and Jacob's 4 year anniversary.  Time is flying and for the first time in my life I am happy to have it move as slowly as possible.  Thank you guys for following our journey and we are so excited to continue to take you all along this journey of modern love with us.  Until the next time!  -The Seigler's












Comments

Popular Posts